Join Our Team
Beacon Economics is currently hiring for the following positions:
Business Development Associate
Beacon Economics is one of California’s leading economic research and consulting firms dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and objectively based analysis that enables its clients to make informed decisions about policy, investment, growth, and strategy. Leveraging unique proprietary models, vast databases, proven methodologies, and sophisticated policy analysis, Beacon Economics’ work has been used by a diverse array of private and public sector clients including major cities and counties across the western United States, Live Nation Entertainment, Uber, Lyft, The University of California, LA2028 Olympic Bid Committee, Skanska, AEG-IMG, 1st Century Bank, and the California Apartment Association.
We are seeking a Business Development Associate to join our expanding team. This position will play a key role in the firm’s new business process. This position offers an opportunity for active professional development and growth and will make important contributions across the firm’s diverse practice areas. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop a broad skill set in business strategy, business development and operational excellence.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the firm’s proposal development process, including crafting proposal scopes of work, drafting and editing proposal content, coordinating the development of proposal assets in collaboration with the Research Team, Business Development Team, and Senior Management, and laying out proposals in external-facing templates; independently manage renewals.
- Manage Beacon’s RFP database, review qualified RFPs and technical RFP requirements and facilitate and coordinate the response process.
- Conduct market research and identify potential clients.
- Support the Business Development Manager in business strategy development for client segments and product offerings, both opportunistically and in conjunction with the firm’s longer-term sales cycle.
- Support the Director of Marketing in developing marketing campaigns in the firms’ marketing platform.
- Manage specified administrative processes in support of business development and marketing efforts including new business processing functions.
- Manage the firm’s ZoomInfo platform, and support in the management of Salesforce and Pardot.
- Additional duties, as directed by the Business Development Manager.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience at a professional services firm or consulting firm.
- Excellent writing proficiency with demonstrated communication skills.
- Ability to write/craft value propositions and translate broad concepts from subject-matter experts into compelling narratives.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time efficiently, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to fit into the culture of the firm, which places significant value on teamwork, integrity, strong work ethic, and exceptional client service.
- Interest in Beacon Economics’ work, including public policy, data analysis, economic policy research, and/or economic development.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Adobe Suite and Apple products a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Pardot, or ZoomInfo a plus.
** Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample to [email protected]. Compensation is commensurate with experience.