Join Our Team
Beacon Economics is not currently hiring, however we are happy to receive resumes from qualified applicants for possible future opportunities. The following is a basic description of the skills and experience generally required for a research position with the firm:
Economic Research Associate
Research Associates at Beacon Economics provide assistance to a team of widely published economists, including providing technical and production support for a broad range of projects. The ideal candidates possess superior statistical/mathematic/data analysis and report writing skills. Some travel may be required. Competitive salary, health benefits, and opportunity for advancement.
- Conduct data analysis using math and statistics to glean key insights/implications.
- Perform data analysis and data mining using statistical software.
- Utilize and master public and private economic data sources.
- Conduct data graphing, tabling, and mapping to aid in presentation of analysis.
- Work with very large databases to extract information and perform analysis.
- Build and develop models using calculus and statistics.
- Write reports based on complex data analysis.
- Develop presentations using PowerPoint and produce reports using LaTeX and Microsoft Office.
- Assist with database management to maintain data library.
- Perform literature reviews and summarize previous work
- Work with senior management to understand research needs and carry out projects with minimal guidance.
Qualifications & Skills
- M.A./M.S. in economics, finance, math, or statistics strongly desired.
- Proficiency with economic/statistical software (Stata, Eviews).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (esp. Excel/PowerPoint).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with mathematics (algebra and calculus) and statistical techniques and models.
- Experience with database management and data analysis.
- Effective listener with the ability to create physical product from general ideas.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time efficiently, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.